Friday, February 09, 2007

Last day..

I feel as though I have been violated..

I would like to post and say that my last day on the IT Support Centre at work was a nice quiet day where I didn’t do much work and just mingled with my colleagues and ate my way through a pile of cake and pastries.

Wishful thinking.

I have had the worst week in IT to date and today rounded off a shitty week au perfecto. I think every server in the network has been down at some point resulting in a different surprise for us on the helpdesk each time one dies! The snow has not helped matters at all as severe weather sent our email server down for half of the day. The funny thing about it is that when the mail server came back up, I found that people had been emailing us telling us their email was not working…. These are the people I have to help on a daily basis… Say no more.. Where was I? Oh yeah, the snow… If one more person walks past me singing “frosty the snowman” they are likely to get cream crackered! I tried to relieve myself by looking to the future at my shift rota for IT operations and it only brought on more torment and harassment. I appear to be on a 2pm-10pm shift and a 10pm-6am on the same week sometime in March. I have always volunteered overtime but either they have made a typo or two or they think Ill be bringing my sleeping bag!

I would refer to my little manual of stress had I not ripped the useless piece of rubbish up in temper… It asked me to.. wait for it.. try and find my peripheral vision (trying to find something that is impossible to find will calm me so they say..) I found that it tended to wind me up more as I could not find what they were wanting me to find and so added it to the list of “things I cannot do today”

Ill see what happens next week. Ill be the one under the desk with fingers in my ears humming…

Heres to the weekend and all who sail in her! Yayyyy!!

xx

No comments: