Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Bit of a sad en..

My little friend from one of the depots that I speak to had a bit of bad news yesterday. Her dad has got some form of lung cancer. They more or less knew that it was going to be some form of the big C but not whether it was treatable. I got a text last night saying the news was not good. I have assumed the worst... Saw her on Saturday briefly when we went Leicester and she is a lovely woman. She lost her husband years ago (who u can tell she loved to pieces) and yet always seems so jolly and has a certain "sparkle" to her that lights those around her.. i wonder if I would be the same if something so cruel happened to someone I loved so much..

My friend Jonno is the same.. Him and his mum have had so much crap thrown at them (to give you an idea, his dad died, his brother commited suicide, his mum has got cancer and his stepdad has just died..he was early 50's..) and yet he doesnt let it get to him.. Still smiling.. I suppose you cant let it beat you though.....

Why there has to be so much pain is beyond me.. I always liked the idea of just slipping away in my sleep. It seems the only thing that can be in the slightest bit positive about news like this is that we get a chance to right any wrongs we have and to say goodbye...

Funny old world tho.. they dont lie when they say Life is a total bitch.. to some people.. and usually those who dont deserve it. Its shit..
xxxxx

No comments: