Saturday, February 17, 2007

Charge me WHAT??

Princess poopy drawers (Christened Lilly and "Oi! Stop it..") has been slowly but surely eating her way through my phone charger. She finally reached her goal a couple of days back and every time Ive tried to charge my phone, it emits a high pitched "eeeeeeeee" noise. I was holding out for her having another nash at it and it sending her flying across the room but I figured that, already have 17 cases open with the RSPCA, it may not been good to be known as a doggy serial killer.. so Tricky asked me if I wanted him to get a new one from a mobile shop across from his work yesterday. "Yes" I said. What I meant (and what he should have known, been my betrothed and the one who should know what I am thinking every minute of every day) was that if the price of it was anymore than £7.99 then not to bother as I had seen it cheaper online. £15.00... £15.00!!!! is what it has ended up costing me. I did a quick froogle on the chargers, just so I could have even more of a moan at him than I was going to in the first place, and found that I could have bought one for £2.99 with postage. What a cold hard slap in the balls!! To make matters worse, when he brought me the "should be gold plated" charger, it was not even a genuine Sony one! Insult to injury? Say no more.

Now it is sitting here looking at me, I am not sure whether to:-

a.) Frame it. (Would need big frame.. Will cost more money)
B.) Buy a safe for it to go in. (Safe would take up room.. Will cost more money)
C.) My final choice and by far the most sensible - When I have guests, I will simply somehow encorporate it into a party piece thus making it worth the fifteen english pounds.... I now just need to google "1000 party tricks for mobile phone chargers.."

This may be the closest I have come to divorce..;
xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can i ask where this £2.99 charger was spotted? and how much postage charge went on top of this?

http://www.eliteelectronics.co.uk/Sony_Ericsson_K800i_Mains_Charger.html

that is one online for £10.99, and with postage, £15 is about right!! so shut it!!!!!

Adie said...

Hmm.. http://www.lhdigital.co.uk//mobile-phone-charger-sony-ericsson-k800i-w700i-w800i-w850i-p-150.html?currency=GBP&language=en

2.99... Read it and weep brother..