Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Have I mentioned that our shiny new offices at work have brand spanking new air conditioning.. No? Oh, well.. our shiny new offices at work? They have got brand spanking new air conditioning! So, Now you know.
Oh it is great though. I now work throughout the day and am neither hot, nor cold. I cannot complain of a chill nor a hot flush at any point during the day because trusty old Mr Con ensures I am top notch 24/7. Dont get me wrong, It was good that I could no longer moan about the temperature in the office.. but it was bad in that, Well… I had not much else to moan about. (except the size of Cadburys crème eggs… They have sooooo shrunk since I were a lad!)

Anyway, between a few of us at work, we have decided to throw a big fat spanner into the works. Since moving to the office featuring the really good but, as it turns out, not all that marvellous “air con”, my skin has resembled that of a snake (mid-shed..) It is traumatising enough that I am a 22 year old that is rapidly losing his hair and has premature ageing brought on by thrashing sun beds through adolescence, without putting up with a skin condition on top of it all! At first I put it down to my rhino-like skin having got used to my L’oreal men expert cream but after trying various moisturisors/face peels/exfoliators/saunas/blow torches etc I am still having the same issues. For the last two Saturdays, I have visited a sauna and my skin has been great for the rest of the weekend each week. I then go to work on a Monday, come home, go bed and wake up on the Tuesday morning and, minding my own business, look in the bathroom mirror to see something that looks like a character from night of the living dead staring back at me. Can you remember the glue at school that you used to peel off your hands? Its like someone has painted my face in that during the night for a laugh and then ran off.. I am not entirely convinced that this person is not my betrothed invoking revenge for all the hassle I give him throughout the day.. I will be sleeping with one eye open....

So, Ive signed the petition..A petition for what, I dont know. It turns out that a lot more people are having skin irritations though. What we expect work to do about it though, I know not.. I am not the one who holds the solutions but the one who creates the problems...


No comments: