Thursday, September 07, 2006

Dress code..

Hiya!
Its been such a long week! Thank God only 2 days of work left to go (then Im working Sat but we wont talk about that!) Work is getting busier and busier and we have just had a major office move so are now squashed in an office the size of my bedroom... Cosy? Nope! Absolutely sweating my bag off and stressed!? Oh Yes...

This brings me to the point of my blog this morning. It is a question that has been asked my generations and generations of men, but I reckon its about time that something got sorted... Why is it that women are allowed to come in work in a vest top and short skirts with open toed shoes on, but men are stuck with the same "shirt and tie wih trousers and *gentlemans shoes*" laws that we have come to know and love? Not that I want to wear a skirt I should add (a surprise to some!?) .. but something like a short sleeved shirt with a button open and no tie would not kill them!? Surely a shirt and tie is the equivalent of a blouse and neck-a-chief type thingy-ma-bobby for women.. They really ought to re think the whole process! I would try and escalate this view within my company but Im sure that it would lead to nothing more than my been issued with my P45 within a day or two or whining!

Went to an all you can eat indian buffet last night. Feeling particulary rough this morning.. Was not the classiest food I have ever eaten and Im sure Ill come down with the dreaded lurgy fairly shortly..

By the way, take a look at QUIDCO you can get cash back for shopping online and it is a much better deal than greasy palm... well worth a go Id say!

Until next time xx




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poo, i agree with the whole dress thing for work.. SO UNFAIR. Luckily though, i come work dressed in what i like.. cant remember the last time i wore a shirt.. not sure how i get away with it, but i aint changin it til someone shouts at me.. Never come work in a skirt either, although the hotpants i wore a week last thursday were a hit with the boys!! x