Monday, September 11, 2006

U-G-L-Y

Anyone out there feeling ugly today? How about yesterday? Day before? I see a few of you nodding... Me? Some days I feel like I fell out of the ugly tree and hit every bastard branch on the way down before been pounded by an ugly man with an ugly stick.. What I dont think some people appreciate is that one comment can make us feel like we are walking on sunshine or at the other end of the spectrum, like a piece of shit on a shitty stick.

I contemplated the above on Friday night when my mum had got ready to go on a night out with her sister. I thought that she looked absolutely fantastic, and yet all that I could muster when she asked how she looked was "yeah, you look alright.. " I considered this when she had left and then sent her a text telling her that actually she looked the nicest I have seen her look possibly ever.. And it was the truth.. She looked beautiful. I got a text back saying that I had made her night. And that was all it took...

Take time out to tell people that you think they look nice, especially if they have made extra effort to do so. Believe me when I say it makes the world of difference. If you think people dont need compliments, you would be wrong. Everyone likes to hear that you like something about them, even if its been said a thousand times before.

Im going to make it my mission to be one of the people that do pay people compliments. Wanna join the club?

My favourite thing about myself?.. At the moment, not alot.
xxx


2 comments:

JASEy said...

Best blog or a long time poo.. Agree with ya.. Most people dont realise that one word, comment or conversation can change someones day, how they feel or even a friendship/relationship. One stupid comment can ruin somethin that could be the most amazin thing ever.. And maybe they dont mean it, its a heat of the moment thing, but when its said, it can change things for the good or sometimes bad. Good blog! Your a clever sausage poo xx

JASEy said...

Oh, and it sucks that you cant think of your fave thing about yourself.. remember what i say, u see yourself through the eyes of ya best friend n you'll see how amazin ya are. Am proper proud of ya.. thats all i sayin cus youll delete my comment if i say owt embarrassin hehe x