Thursday, August 24, 2006

Bush Monkey?!

Its bizarre how when my hair is not short and neat, I let every other part of myself go to the pits. My clothing, my hygiene, my shaving and any plucking or grooming all lose a fighting chance. Im not quite stig of the dump yet but I reckon give it another two weeks and Id be rummaging through bins with the best of em! You can imagine how I felt yesterday when I saw my ex's sister who was looking quite glamerous (bitch) while I on the other hand looked like I had just been rejected from a homeless shelter for been too scruffy! I made very polite chit chat, trying to make up for the lack of my presentation with my hilarious sense of humour and caring personality (This involved me bawling across the road in between cars if her brother had had a lump removed from one of his bollocks... hmmm...Cant think why they never liked me..) Anyway, I thought Id cracked it, I thought that finally she had seen that there is more to a person than the way they look....until 10 minutes later the exs mother who had obviously received a phone call from her daughter telling her that Id taken to crawling the streets preying on defenseless old women, drove past me twice and gave me one of those smug "you look like shit and my son has done better than you" looks! How rude! Reminded me of what they were like though.. Thank Christ for Mr/Mrs/Miss Swanjay... :-)

Oh yeah, Back to me and my hair, Im not walking around like Rapunzel or anything, but my hair is one of those bizarre wonders of the world and instead of growing into silky flowing locks which I can flick about, tends to grow out into something that resembles something between a brillo pad and a bush monkey. I have not had my hair cut for nearly four weeks which is the longest I have waited in the last year. This is mainly due to be been a tight arse and wanting to spend the extra ten pound on sweeties and takeaways! (could just eat an indian...)
Anyway, getting it chopped tomorrow so maybe I will have cleaned, plucked and groomed myself sufficiently for Matt and Dannis wedding on Saturday! Only time will tell..

I was asked to do some overtime for work today and Im not usually one for overtime unless it is of decent enough proportions to make some kind of difference in my wages. Grudgingly, I came in and the day has actually gone quicker than it usually would on a normal late shift as I was helping to despatch an upgrade to our depots for the first few hours of my day. Sad to say but I actually even enjoyed it a little bit! I have found my calling in life.. A picker and a packer! :-)

Im probably worse than most when it comes to moaning about my job. Some days I have days when I am angry at the people that I work with, Some days I get angry at customers and the depots and their lack of common sense and some days, well, I am just angry with myself and my lack of knowledge of all things I.T-ey (technical word, that one!) ... However, there are getting more and more times when I pleasantly surprise myself and lately I am starting to see more and more that the calls that I am struggling with are worthy of been stuck on. I know this because people who I am asking advise from are also unsure of the steps to take. I think its just a case of taking the rough with the smooth and realise that as with any job, it is three steps forward and two back...

Are you able to tell that it is pay day tomorrow?!! Every time I open my payslip in IT, I feel a sense of accomplishment....I set myself to targets, Targets that to some people seemed silly. However, I smashed them and can say that I am proud of myself. So what to do when you have what you want? Make some more targets thats what! But what would be a sensible step forward? When I am a bit more knowledgeable on my companies systems etc, I would quite like to work in IT Operations which would involve overnight working every few weeks but the money would be a 15% rise on what I earn at the moment and there is always a fair bit of overtime going... So yes, thats the next chapter Im aiming for... Tell you something, I could never be accused of having no ambition.. Some would say I am too money minded but I dont slog my guts out for 8 hours a day 5 days a week and 6 hours every 3 saturdays to get paid 600 pound at the end of the month..Believe me when I say I learned the hard way that money makes the world go around.. Call me fickle if you like but thats the way it is for me..

Lessons in this blog? Quite a few...

* Been bald is not necessarily a disadvantage
* Pay day is the best day of every month
* I am still capable of waffling
* My ex's family are even less "over me" than my ex!
* Its never a bad thing to reach to the stars when it comes to ambition.. cos u never know...
* I am fickle...

5 comments:

JASEy said...

Payday is defo the best day of the month, unless its january/july, then its defo the birthday which is best day of the month...
Yeah baby, ur fickle...
Finally, ur ex's family... lets not go there!! *flashback to car journey with the said ex's mother...* SHUDDER
xxx

Anonymous said...

I think I have met your ex's sister and find it hard to believe she could ever look glamorous even after a full-on makeover with Trinny and Susannah!! She was a proper hogdog!

Adie said...

Hogdog?! hath thou made that word up!? Maybe I went too far when I said glamerous but she actually looked better than Ive seen her before so certainly an improvement. And seeing as I was stood there looking like Id been dressed by the salvation army (think it was a t shirt jasey bought me..) I was not really in a situation to judge! :-)
xx

Anonymous said...

Last time i buy you a t-shirt ya ungrateful git!! salvation army?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

oh poo.. yee know I love it really! :-)