Sunday, December 17, 2006

My new jeans...

I didnt really realise how strange I was sometimes until i told my workmates about my new jeans. If I go and buy something and it is something that is meant to be nice for going out in then I insist on it not been a sale item, no matter what the cost. I just dont like the idea that its something that obviously either didnt sell well, or had been sat on shelves for months or is end of line product. Dont get me wrong, for knocking about in thats fine but when going out, its a no no! I spent around an hour and a half stomping around the town next to me looking for a pair of jeans that would fit the occasion of the Christmas do (the single most important doooo of the year..) I finally found some lovely jeans that cost £120.00. Not as much as I would normally spend on jeans but I dont really care about price if I like summat. So I get them to the check out and had the following conversation.

Shop man:- "Ill knock you 10% off these jeans mate."
me:- "Why? Are they in a sale that I havent seen?"
Shop man:- "no mate"
Me:- "why are u giving me 10% off then?
Shop man:- "because your nice and its christmas"
Me:- "well thank you, but are you telling me that if someone else walked in here and had exactly the same jeans, u would charge them the full £120.00 or would you be giving everyone 10% off these here jeans??"
Shop man:- "yes mate they would pay £120.00 unless they were a regular customer as yourself and I liked em"
Me:- "cos i dont want a sales item you see..
Shop man:- "no mate. They are not a sales item mate. its a discretion thing"
Me:- "ok..... fankoooooo"

The REALLY sad thing is, is that if he would have told me that the jeans I had been looking for all of my life were in a sale that was 10% off, I honestly think I would have put them back. Strange? Stupid? Yep! :-)
xx


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The next part of that conversation is:

Adie: "Does my bum look big in these?"