Friday, December 29, 2006

Prospects and new years resolutions!

I have news! Makes a nice change to come here and do something other than have a bitch!

Are you ready for it?! …..
…………….
………..
…..

I have had a promotion!

From February (date to be confirmed) I will be an IT Operator with my company. This will involve me moving to 24 hour shifts (Ouch!) but will also involve around a 15% pay rise (yay!) when my training has been completed (d’oh!) and I wont have to work Saturday mornings anymore!

I have always been humbled that I managed to get promoted from customer services into a role within IT with no previous experience within the field. I am eternally grateful, even on bad days and I really do mean that. However, to be promoted within one year (official start date with IT was November 7th 2005) is just absolutely amazing and I cannot stop smiling! I can honestly say I didn’t expect a promotion for at least a couple of more years but I fully intend on making the most of the opportunity that I have been given!

I have met people the opposite to me, who waltz in on their first day and make assumptions that because they passed an interview to get a job, they are with the company for life or until they choose to opt out. They are so busy planning their next step in the mission to become managing director that they don’t think to put any effort into the job they are employed to do. They never seem to last long and its a shame...

I have made my first new years resolution and its quite a biggy one for me... when I get my rises (3 steps but final one we are looking around August time) Im going to look to start learning to drive… Stay with me for my full list of new years resolutions!!! :-D
xxx

No comments: