Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Summer in Winter?!

Ok, maybe the title is a bit of an overreaction, but the weather at the moment just does not feel like Christmas! Its mild to say the least and yesterday I didnt even need a coat when I went outside for my lunch at work. Surely that is not normal for this time of year!? I dont wanna have to put christmas forward a couple of months until we have a winter and it feels festive, but I think I may have to!

After Trickies attempt at trying to make me classy for Christmas (black christmas tree with coordinated baubles and white lights dont you know!) I decided that it was just plain boring...Yes, I had a tree.. yes I had shitty white star lights in my window, but where was MY Christmas?! Fair enough that people like the understated white lights and dont like to go OTT etc and whatnot, but it aint me. Sooooo... Ive shoved another string of coloured ones in my window which look lovely with the ones currently in there and have coloured flashing outdoor ones that are illuminating the street as we speak! (oh, and plenty of tinsle and the good old decs are starting to line the living room and hallway courtesy of kazduck!!!)

I am going to London for a course with work this Sunday. Decided to make the most of it as it is around Christmas time and am going to see the west end show "wicked." On the last visit, the Lion King show was so shite so I feel I need to try again. Wicked has great reviews and is meant to have spectacular effects. It also has Adam Garcia in it which didnt influence my decision one little bit..(although it would have done if I would have known he was in it when I first started reading up on it!) I wont complain if he happens to look into the audience and declare his undying love for me! Hes only human after all...

Think all of my Christmas shopping is done. I still havent received a couple of Richards but in worst case scenario, Ill go out and get them from a real shop when I am paid! I feel like a bloody wedding coordinator when it has come to Richards presents this year. Noone knows what to get him so I have been the one telling everyone what he likes, what he doesnt like.. What to get him, what not to get him. Last night my dad text me asking what he wanted... Bit late in the day to start asking when all the good ideas are gone aint it!!? I threw him a couple of suggestions and off he toddled. Just hope that I havent duplicated any gifts! :-)

I went to the gym last night and for the first time in months really worked my crackers off! I had rashes all up my arms from where Id been rowing.. I even saw veins!!! Its given me the bug again though so Im going to go again tonight and with any luck it will make me 3 stone lighter for my Christmas "do" this Friday night!

It is starting to become official that I am receeding. I am not too impressed to say the least as it feels like I am going through a mid life crisis about 15 years early. I am washing my hair and am pulling out clumps. I am joking about it to everyone but deep down am actually quite traumatised. There is nothing worse than someone who is going bald who tries to cover it up and whisp their hair this way and that way to cover up what everyone can see happening anyway. When I suggest getting my hair shaved to Richard, he just gives me the "err no.." answer... How long before I do though? Think it will just happen when I go to the hair dressers one day... Hmmm.... :-S

Im going to go off now to dream of a white Christmas.. Its certainly about as close as we are going to get this year by the looks of things!

Take care and keep reading! xxx

No comments: